Dental Crowns & Bridges in
It is not always necessary to extract decayed or damaged teeth. With porcelain crowns, a damaged tooth can be completely encapsulated, preventing further decay while restoring the functionality and appearance of the tooth. Crowns can also be used to anchor a dental bridge, a less invasive, more affordable alternative to dental implants.
To learn more about porcelain crowns and dental bridges, please contact BridgeView Dental today online or at (512) 347-8299 to schedule an appointment with our experienced dentist, Dr. Lance Loveless. Our office is located in Austin, and we happily welcome patients from Lakeway, West Lake Hills and neighboring communities.
What Is a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are tooth-shaped caps that are placed over a tooth to restore appearance, function shape, and size. Crowns are designed to cover the portion of the visible tooth above the gum line.
Why Are Crowns Used?
Crowns can be used to:
- Cover and protect a tooth with a large filling
- Restore an already damaged or broken tooth
- Protect a weakened tooth from damage
- Cover a dental implant
- Improve the appearance of a discolored or misshapen tooth
- Hold a dental bridge in place
What Is a Dental Bridge?
If you are missing two or more teeth, Dr. Loveless may recommend a dental bridge to fill the space. Sometimes referred to as fixed partial dentures, a bridge is a natural-looking dental appliance that can effectively replace a section of missing teeth. Dental bridges are custom-made to fit seamlessly into your smile, allowing them to discreetly restore the natural contour and bite alignment of your teeth.
Dr. Loveless will secure the dental bridge to the neighboring teeth with dental crowns, bridging the gap with artificial replacement teeth.
Common Types of Dental Bridges
There are three main types of dental bridges:
- Resin-bonded bridge: Also known as a Maryland bridge, these porcelain-fused-to-metal teeth are supported by a metal framework. Commonly used to replace the front teeth, this type of bridge has metal wings on each side of the bridge which are bonded to your existing teeth.
- Cantilever bridge: This is used when there are existing natural teeth on only one side of the missing tooth or teeth.
- Traditional fixed bridge: This type of bridge comprises two or more crowns and a filler tooth or teeth. The filler teeth are attached to one or more crowns, keeping them secured in place.
How Much Do Crowns and Bridges Cost?
The price for crowns and bridges varies from patient to patient, depending on the type of crowns and bridges you choose and the extent of work needed to restore your smile. During your consultation with Dr. Loveless, he will discuss your goals, assess your current oral structure, and provide you with a cost estimate for the individualized dental plan you agree to.
Contact BridgeView Dental Today
If you live in West Lake Hills, Lakeway or neighboring community in Austin, please call BridgeView Dental today at (512) 347-8299 to learn more about dental crowns and bridges.