Austin Dentures and Partial Dentures
Dentures are used to replace a small section of missing teeth or an entire set of teeth altogether. They are specially designed to have a natural appearance and texture that mimic your natural teeth. If you are experiencing severe tooth decay or damage, replacing a section or entire row of teeth with partial or full dentures is one option available to you.
Types of Dentures
Dentures can be used to replace a patient’s upper or lower set of teeth, or both. This type of denture can typically be worn immediately after the teeth have been removed. Partial dentures, on the other hand, replace only a section of teeth. Also known as “overdentures,” this denture type attaches to existing teeth and is designed to fit snugly along the gums where teeth have been removed.
The process for having a set of dentures made can take up to 5 visits over a month-long time span. The steps involved in creating a set of dentures include:
- Measuring the mouth and jaw
- Forming an impression of the area
- Manufacturing a temporary set of dentures to check for suitable comfort and function
- Adjusting the shape, color, and material of the dentures if necessary
- Manufacturing a new set of dentures with the requested modifications
- Adjusting the dentures as necessary to prevent rubbing and discomfort
For patients who have lost some or all of their teeth, dentures are an ideal replacement that can replicate the attractiveness and function of natural teeth.