Your Rights as a Dental Patient
As with any medical profession, dental patients are owed certain rights and obligations when receiving care or treatment from a dentist or other dental professional. In most dentist offices across the nation, these rights are outlined in a patient bill of rights and should never be infringed upon during the course of the patient-dentist relationship.
As a patient, it is important that you understand your rights. For more information about your rights as a dental patient, you can speak with an experienced and skilled dental professional today. Contact an Austin dentist of BridgeView Dental today at 512-347-8299 and schedule an appointment.
What Are My Rights?
Make sure you read over and know your patient rights before making an appointment with us. As a patient, you have the following rights:
- The right to schedule your appointment with the dentist of your choice
- The right to see the dentist whenever you go in for any treatment (including routine cleanings)
- The right to all possible information about your condition given in a way you can understand
- The right to hear about available treatment alternatives, including advantages or risks of each option
- The right to know about the expected cost of treatment beforehand
- The right to a clean and sterile environment and dental tools
- The right to seek a second opinion if you want more information about your condition
At BridgeView Dental, we guarantee that an Austin dentist will treat you with respect and do everything in our power to see that you are not denied any of the rights listed above. For a dentist you can trust, contact us today at 512-347-8299.