Tips for Properly Flossing Your Teeth
Flossing is one of the most important—yet often overlooked—methods to protect and care for your teeth and gums. Statistics report that flossing on a daily basis not only decreases your risk of tooth decay and periodontal diseases, but it can also increase your lifespan by six years.
Many people understand the importance of flossing but do not know how to properly floss to remove trapped pieces of food and other particles from between their teeth. To learn more about how flossing can benefit you, contact the Austin dentists of BridgeView Dental today at 512-347-8299 and schedule an appointment. A knowledgeable dentist in Austin can help you reach optimal oral health.
How to Floss
You can make your flossing experience much more beneficial and stress-free by following these helpful tips:
- Choose the right floss for your needs
- Look for flossing tools that help you floss hard-to-reach places in the back of your mouth
- To floss, measure roughly an arms length of floss, wind the ends around your middle fingers, and pinch roughly one to two inches of floss between your pointer finger and thumb
- Floss before brushing
- Move the floss between your teeth using a sawing motion
- After flossing, brush teeth and rinse with water or a mouthwash
Flossing is important to your oral health, but even more imperative is regular cleanings with a dedicated dentist in Austin.
If you have questions about flossing or any other dental procedure, contact the Austin dentists of BridgeView Dental today at 512-347-8299 and take control of your dental health. We can show you how to properly floss so you can improve your overall oral health.