Dental Health Emergencies
Dental emergencies can be very serious and potentially cause permanent damage to your smile and mouth. Additionally, they can also be frightening and stressful, especially if you don’t know how to properly respond to dental health emergencies. Dental emergencies can include teeth that are knocked out, moved out of position, or chipped. If you are facing any of these emergencies, you should seek medical care immediately.
At BridgeView Dental, our Austin dental professionals are experienced in handling all dental emergencies. If you or someone you know is facing a dental emergency, contact us today at 512-347-8299 and schedule an emergency visit.
What to Do During Dental Emergencies
If you have suffered a dental injury or are facing a dental emergency, you need to get to the dentist as soon as possible. In fact, the difference between saving and losing a tooth can be mere minutes.
One of the most common dental emergencies is having a tooth knocked out. If this happens to you, make sure to respond in the following ways:
- Call your dentist for an emergency appointment and get there within an hour to save the tooth
- Only touch the top of the tooth and avoid touching the root
- Rinse the tooth with water and if possible store it in your mouth between your cheek and gum
- If you can’t store the tooth in your mouth, wrap the tooth in gauze and put it in milk or contact solution
- When you call your dentist to set up your emergency appointment, he or she can also advise you on other methods to help you save your tooth.
It is important to always be prepared for an emergency situation. That way you can take action immediately and save valuable time if you are facing a dental emergency. One of the best ways is to have the phone number for a dentist who provides emergency serves stored nearby. For more information, contact the emergency dentists in Austin at BridgeView Dental today at 512-347-8299.