Psoriasis is a chronic, long term, skin disorder associated with scaling, itching and inflammation of the skin. It commonly affects elbows, scalp, knees, hands, feet or lower back. About 10% of people who diagnosed with psoriasis have also been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis which often may go undiagnosed. Psoriasis begins with skin redness followed by pustules and scaling. Psoriasis is not contagious and the lesions are not infectious.
PSORIASIS IS BROADLY CLASSIFIED INTO SEVEN TYPES:
1. Plaque Psoriasis is the most common form characterized by oval red patches, check here thick silver scales which appears on knees, elbows or lower back. They are itchy, burning and can bleed when scrapped off.
2. Guttate Psoriasis is characterized by small, red, scaly lesions which affects torso, limb, and face and begins in childhood or adulthood. It is caused due to upper respiratory infections.
3. Inverse Psoriasis appears in body joints like behind knees, buttocks, armpit or groin as a red patches which are smooth, shiny and may worsen with sweating and rubbing.
4. Pustular Psoriasis is uncommon form which involves non-infectious pus filled blisters surrounded by red skin whereas the pus consists of white cells.
5. Erythrodermic Psoriasis is the least common but very severe that spreads widely, covers entire body with itching, pain, and exfoliation and appears as burns.
6. Nail Psoriasis is a manifestation of psoriasis. It causes nail pitting, discoloration, loosening of nails and colored patches.
7. Scalp Psoriasis involves severe dandruff and hence hair loss. Sometimes it can be painful and itchy which may extend to neck, ears and face.
CAUSES OF PSORIASIS:
Though the exact cause remains unknown some of the causes are
– Abnormal immune system
– Genetics problem
– Environmental factors like stress, infection, injury, medications (beta blockers, anti-malarial drugs).
SYMPTOMS OF PSORIASIS:
– Dry, itchy skin
– Scaling, sores
– Dandruff and flaking
– Pus filled crust
TOP 10 HOME REMEDIES FOR PSORIASIS:
1. Apple cider vinegar contains raw enzymes, healthy bacteria and essential nutrients such as vitamin C, A, B1, B6, potassium and iron. Mix a tablespoon into 1 cup of water and drink daily for healthier skin in psoriasis. Rinsing skin with diluted kill shot bravo cheats online apple cider vinegar relieves itching in scalp psoriasis.
2. Salt bath and oatmeal bath promptly relieves symptoms of psoriasis. Add 1 cup of Epsom salt i.e. magnesium sulphate in a lukewarm bath water and soak for 10 minutes to get rid of dryness and itching. Oatmeal is great source of vitamins, selenium, manganese and iron which heals and nourishes skin by reducing itching, inflammation and redness.
3. Apply natural moisturizer to hydrate the skin and to remove the plaque. Extra virgin olive oil, petroleum jelly, castor oil are excellent natural moisturizer. Apply adequate amount throughout the day as it will lock the skin moisture.
4. Aloe vera is widely used natural remedy for skin ailments as it nourishes dry skin, dry hair, soothes burns, itching and heals the wounds. Apply aloe vera pulp on psoriasis affected skin. It will reduce redness, scaling and soothe stings.
5. Tea tree oil has amazing topical benefits. It soothes the dryness and prevents infection of damaged tissues. black ops 3 hack online Apply few drops of diluted tea tree oil directly on the affected skin. Keep it overnight and rinse it off next morning.
6. Flax seeds oil is wonderful sources of omega 3. Iteasily gets absorbed in the skin from the food which has immune boosting and skin fortifying properties. It can be directly apply on the lesions.
7. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory, antibiotic activities. Add ¼ tsp turmeric into water and make a thick paste. Spread a thin layer on psoriasis affected skin. Cover with gauze and leave it overnight.
8. Baking soda helps to get rid of itching, burning sensation of lesions in psoriasis. Add 1 cup of baking soda in 3 litres of water and apply this solution on lesions. Rinse it off after 10 minutes.
9. Banana peel boosts the immunity and hence is useful in variety of skin disorders. Put banana peel on the affected area for few minutes. Later rinse off with water. It will reduce the severity of psoriasis.
10. Stress management is very necessary. Opt for massage twice in a month as this will relax the body and the mind. It will also help to cure psoriasis.
Drink plenty of water. Consume dietwhich involves carrots, fresh fruits, garlic, onions, broccoli, kale, cabbage, cauliflower and gluten-free diet to get relief from the psoriasis.